Lace isn’t always sweet. As in Isabel Marant’s collection, I see this very soft, Romantic and Feminine vibe, mixed with this more edgy girl vibe, signature to the House of Isabel Marant. The white lace sheer fabrics, and the effortless Country girl inspired flowers give the collection a very Romantic and Feminine vibe. And the black leather brings a very well found edge to the collection. Marant does add something new, that has been seen a lot throughout Fashion Week: ruffles. But as many collections incorporating ruffles have been channelling a more Modern Marie Antoinette, like at Balenciaga and Zac Posen, Marant goes a more Flirty and Versatile way. With models channelling them on leather, and silk. Really showing that ruffles aren’t just for making yourself look like a Modern Marie Antoinette this Spring. Instead, they give every woman a very flattering and Flirty twist to their Spring wardrobe. Who wouldn’t wear those baggy black leather pants that Sasha Luss sported pretty much 24/7?
I’ve always been very fond of Gareth Pugh‘s ways of making his designs look bold, yet so Beautiful that you just HAVE to Have every piece. Pugh took on a very Lady Gaga like inspiration, but with a more ladylike spin. Using Sparkling fabrics of snakeskin and many Silver hues, Pugh gives his collection kind of an Out of this Galaxy like feel, but very Lady Gaga. The structured silhouettes of the Gowns really give the collection a nice, Chic statement. Who isn’t obsessed with that bold eye makeup?
The trench coats paired with the Sexy leather cocktail dresses, a must have of mine now, really give the collection a more Classy, and Ladylike feel. Reminding of a Classy woman walking down the streets of New York or Paris, but in an effort to make a Chic statement. While the fur headpieces bring a more Gaga feel, the long evening gowns paired with the fur really bring such a Ladylike, very Oscar de la Renta Fall 2013 feel. A Gareth Pugh leather trench and Cocktail dress pick-me-up in February? Yes please!
- 8. Long Gloves (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Oscar de la Renta Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Cedric Charlier Kicks off Paris Fashion Week (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Dries Van Noten Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Rochas Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Guy Laroche Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
Inspired by Martial Arts, Cedric Charlier designs a Beautiful, Simple, and feminine and elegant collection. “A reflection of protection,” is how Charlier described the collection to WWD, backstage, post-show. “I wanted to get into the idea of martial seduction.”
So Charlier did, with silhouettes were very simple, and Drapy, describing a Martial Arts uniform very well. With the looks very Minimalistic, throughout the whole entire collection.
Towards the end of the collection, Charlier incorporated in very big and bold stripes. Really giving the collection a Fun feel, compared to the Navy and Neutral hued ensembles before. Then came an array of silk and sequined ensembles, each still in a very simple silohouette. The last look, worn by Sasha Luss, gave a Chic, bold contrast with an Aqua top, paired with a tangerine skirt. Bringing a very vibrant feel to the collection. A definate successful kickoff to Paris Fashion Week.
- Grecian Inspired Silhouettes at Gianfranco Ferre (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Giorgio Armani Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Best Dressed at Last Night’s 65th Annual Emmy Awards (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Gucci Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
Taking inspiration from Indian Sarongs, Volcano inspired prints, the Sea, Flowers, and even Japanese Pop Songs. Angela Missoni incorporated many colors and patterns into her collection. Making it very vibrant, and filled with tons of character.
And what would make a Missoni collection a Missoni collection without an endless number of Beautiful prints?
- The Salvatore Ferragamo Girl is Ready to go on a Safari this Spring (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Bottega Veneta Spring 2014 is All About Sophistication with Playfulness (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Mixing Prints at MSGM Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Gucci Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Topshop Unique Spring 2014 (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
Throughout the beginning of the collection, models are seen wearing Beautiful dresses, printed with images of Ancient Roman Ruins. Towards the middle of the collection though, it switches to Golden Cocktail dresses, many with the Ancient Roman coins printed on them. But besides the Ancient Roman theme scene throughout the collection, Dolce & Gabbana also include a more Feminine side to the collection with Beautiful Cherry Blossoms. Looking almost oeuvre, many models channel Beautiful Cherry Blossomed gowns. Perfect for a Spring or Summer wedding.
The silhouettes though, were very 1940s inspired. With Peplum, Lace, Polka Dots, The Fur, and the Iconic Hourglass figure. A style which has always been a favorite of mine. As seen at many of the Fall shows, many of the looks were belted at the waist, creating that very Ladylike Hourglass figure. Dolce & Gabbana interpret that trend, using Gold belts with a Roman coin in the center. Elements of Polka Dots and Fur were also seen throughout many parts of the collection, either paired with an Ancient Roman printed pencil skirt, and paired with an ancient coined full skirt. Each way, Oh-So-Chic and very Dolce & Gabbana.
And the finale, just STUNNING. Filled with an array of Golden Cocktail dresses. Each perfect for a night out, or even to a Wedding.
The collection, overall was extremely Feminine, Sexy, and Modern. I always love how Dolce & Gabbana take inspiration from something totally different each season, making it look Sexy and Flatter just about any Women’s figure. A Sexy Black Lace Dolce & Gabbana dress for Spring? Yes Please!!!!
Flip to see my favorite looks.
- Dolce & Gabbana Animal Print Cat-Eye Sunglasses (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Best Moments from Milan Fall 2013 Fashion Week #tbt (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- The New School Uniform (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Moschino’s 30th Anniversary Show (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Roberto Cavalli is Going Glam for Spring (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)